Thread: doesn't hibernate after upgrading Karmic to 10.04 LTS

Threaded View

Question doesn't hibernate after upgrading Karmic to 10.04 LTS

I found I cannot hibernate any more on the desktop after upgrading from Karmic to Lucid.
    NB: I may be bit too much conservative but I waited until long after the alert that the version I used would not get any more support to turn to an LTS version. Keep it as long as it works! Prefering not to directly switch to 12.04, I used the 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) one.
    I see a message saying that there is an issue in setting the state an usb device during that hibernation process, that involves the kernel routine rt73usb_set_device_state, and seems to cause moreover an issue with swap (NB: I have 2.8GB of ram and 7.5GB of swap!).
    The message looks very much alike the bug reported at but the issue is that there is no such 2nd chance in my system as in his own (hit the key twice) and the system just hangs instead.
    A guy posted a proposal for fix at but it looks like the kernel has to be touched and this is something I would not like to do myself and expect that the Ubuntu developers take care in the context of an LTS.
    Am I missing something?
    Is there some (relatively) fresh kernel upgrade that I should download?
    I tried to find on this forum someone having had this kind of message but could not.

Thanks in advance to any kernel expert to reply.
    Last edited by PhL38F; July 23rd, 2012 at 10:53 AM.