Hello everyone,

I posted this in the laptop thread as well, as I am not completely sure where to post this specific question.

I just got the new HP DV6t-7000, and I really want to dual boot Win7 and Ubuntu 12.04. Here are some of the hurdles that I have to go through:

Disable Intel RST as there is a 32gb cache mSSD drive along with a 1tb HD

Figure out how to partition correctly so that I keep necessary partitions while also creating a partition that I can use for Ubuntu

On the HP, there are 4 stock partitions that come out of the box which include the Boot, OS, Recovery, and HP Tools. I shrunk OS and created a 100gb drive I named Linux. I later booted gParted and converted the Linux drive over to Ext4 so that I could install Ubuntu onto it. However, as noted in my other thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2015035) I am very confused about which partition is which. I am very concerned about deleting something that I really don't want to delete, but at the same time I am very confused as to why my main OS partition is hiding my Linux partition when I attempt to install the OS.

If anyone needs any more information, please reply to this thread or send me a PM. Thank you so much for your help guys.