Thread: used wubi installer to install ubuntu 11.10, but can't hibernate because of no swap?

Beans

Exclamation used wubi installer to install ubuntu 11.10, but can't hibernate because of no swap?

i am EXTREMELY NEW TO LINUX. so bare with.

i have done hundreds of google swap searches, and they all say try doing this and that, but nothing refers to if you used wubi? when you install with wubi, it has installation drive and installation size? no swap size or anything.. so how do you change swap size with wubi installer? this question must have been asked hundreds of times, sorry!

thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Re: used wubi installer to install ubuntu 11.10, but can't hibernate because of no sw

The only reason you may want to increase swap in a Wubi installation is to allow hibernation which a Wubi installation won't do. I don't think increasing swap size alone will allow hibernation you may have to dig a little deeper.

The Wubi swap amount is 256 Mb and will show as 0 unless in use. Wubi installations have a 30 Gb max selected during installation.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/88614/increase-swap-size
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can".

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: used wubi installer to install ubuntu 11.10, but can't hibernate because of no sw

Yea Thats the thing Wubi won´t do a hibernate. Standby is all it can do.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Edubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

You need a swap partition (not a swap file) to hibernate. Increasing the swap file size won't do it. http://ubuntu-with-wubi.blogspot.ca/...bernation.html