Thread: UbuntuForums account problem

Beans

UbuntuForums account problem

Hello,

I am a proud Linux user. I currently use elementary OS Jupiter, but my heart is with Ubuntu and I will likely switch back once classic Gnome is implemented in 12.04.

My problem is with the forums. Since beginning to use Ubuntu in Dec. 2010, I have created, and then deactivated, many accounts here. Some of my past usernames include:

Code:
    LawrenceLovesLinux
    flaneurism
    analogcolors
    Ecnerwalification
    _f_0_c_u_s_
    t120
    Had I stayed with my original account, LawrenceLovesLinux, I would now have well in excess of 200 posts and probably would have become a fairly well-known member. I can help people - I want to help people - but I keep becoming dissatisfied with my presence on UF. I will say something stupid, or write a post I later regret, or seem immature, or become dissatisfied with my username, or... the list goes on and on. I'll then get my account deactivated, only to come back a few months, or weeks, later. Then the cycle repeats itself.

I would like to stay here and provide help, to fix the problems I know how to fix, etc. But I seem to be stuck in this cycle. Maybe it's a mental thing, I don't know - but I'm not sure how to fix it. Is there a way to prevent a particular account from being deactivated or deleted, so I can't do this to myself again? I would like THIS account to be deactivated, so I can make one last fresh start, but then I want to be here for the long run. I want to help people!

I don't know, maybe I'm just a bit insane or something. But there's my thoughts.

Thanks for listening.

R3nCi ------- I'll be back!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: UbuntuForums account problem

I would have to say stick with this account.

Beans

Okay, so I won't have this one deactivated. However, could I get the username changed? This username is one I would prefer to keep private, as I have an email address that is identical to it. Also, is there a way to merge the posts from some of my previous accounts with this account?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by R3nCi View Post
    Okay, so I won't have this one deactivated. However, could I get the username changed? This username is one I would prefer to keep private, as I have an email address that is identical to it. Also, is there a way to merge the posts from some of my previous accounts with this account?
    New account username choices:

warm cardigan
    warm.cardigan
    warmcardigan

Beans

And also, why am I being told I cannot edit my posts?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by R3nCi View Post
    And also, why am I being told I cannot edit my posts?
    We do not allow people to edit posts here in the RC. I will check to see if those names are available.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans

Thank you very much! One last question: is there a way to edit the username displayed in the quotes in this thread?

Thanks again.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by warm cardigan View Post
    Thank you very much! One last question: is there a way to edit the username displayed in the quotes in this thread?

Thanks again.
    No, we do not edit posts here. I doubt someone is gong to stalk you based on the quotes in this thread.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface