Shared internet disconnects in clean 11.10, but no when upgraded 10.10->11.04->11.10
I'm having a very strange problem:
I installed a clean 11.10 desktop, two NICs: one configured as DHCP from my router, the other is for sharing internet.
But the shared connection keeps connecting/disconnecting every few seconds (I can tell because of the constant messages in the desktop).
If I install a clean 10.10 version, the shared connection works flawlessly. I then upgraded to 11.04 and then to 11.10 and every time the connection works fine.
So, the problem seems to be NOT hardware related, it's only present when I install a clean 11.10 (or 11.04)
I checked everything I can think of:
* Yes, I re-downloaded my 11.10 ISO and burned a second CD to install it again. Same problem.
* No, there's nothing else installed: I just installed Ubuntu and change the Network settings to share the connection.
* Yes, I switched the cabled and change the shared NIC <--> Internet NIC. The problem's still there, both cards are differents, so it's not specific of one of them.
* If I change back the shared connection to auto-DHCP, the continous connect/disconnect message dissapears and I can ping this card without problems.
* I installed all updates for both a clean 11.04 and 11.10 with no luck.
* I even changed to a completely different PC with another 2 network cards. Still the same.
* I used 32 bits desktop version *most* of the time, but also tried a 11.10 64 bits version with the same results.
Any ideas will be very appreciated.
Re: Shared internet disconnects in clean 11.10, but no when upgraded 10.10->11.04->11
Tags for this Thread