Thread: Mouse intermittently double left clicks when I single left click.

Beans

Question Mouse intermittently double left clicks when I single left click.

Preamble:
    I'm not sure if I should post this question in "hardware & laptops", or "Desktop Environments", because this is a hardware problem on a desktop computer.

Description of Problem:
    There is another thread that discussed this same problem that I'm having: However that thread is so old that the suggestions in it no longer work in Ubuntu 10.04 and for whatever reason I can not make a reply to that thread (listed below):
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=285041

As in the above thread, I've tried other input devices and rebooting the computer and using other USB ports, and my mouse still intermittently double left clicks randomly at times when I've only clicked the left mouse button once and at times and places when it should only produce a single click such as when selecting a drop down menu.

My setup:
    Motherboard: ASUS P5E3 Deluxe WiFi-AP @n
    Memory: 4GB Patriot PC3-10666 1333MHz (7-7-7-20) 1.7V
    Mouse: Razor DeathAdder 3.5G 3500dpi
    Desktop: Gnome
    Kernel: 2.6.32-32-generic

Question:
    Has any one else had this problem, and does any one have any idea how to fix it or to trouble shoot this a bit more?

Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide to further clarify or troubleshoot this issue. Thanks.

Beans

Re: Mouse intermittently double left clicks when I single left click.

I've had the same problem for about a week. I get random clicks both single clicks for no reason and double clicks when I try to do a single click and even double clicks with no press/no release of a button. I'm running Natty 11.04 64bit with gnome not unity and most of the problems occur in nautilus executing things I never clicked on or dropping things as I try to drag them etc

Beans

Same problem here but with Microsoft Mobile Mouse 3500
    On Maverick works fine, not in Natty (x64).

All the best,

Gustavo

Beans

Get new mice