Cube and Desktop Effects in Compiz
This is a guide for setting up the cube and effects in Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu, Kubuntu and Edubuntu in release 10.04, 10.10, 11.04, 11.10 and 12.04.
Please ask support questions in the appropriate forum.
1. The guide is intended to get the cube and a few of the well known effects working, it will give you the basics to be able to setup and use other effects as well.
2. Please read all the guide and do not skip around it will make it easier to setup that way.
3. The cube and effects were setup in each version and release of ubuntu listed above in virtualbox meaning the graphics driver used is the 3D driver included in virualbox, many problems that may be in countered will be because of issues with graphic drivers.
4. Please feel free to discuss all things related to setting up the cube and effects here, also you can edit the wiki with your suggestions or if you do not want to edit the wiki post your suggestion here and I will post it to the appropriate section of the wiki.
5. If you edit the wiki please remember that we are trying to have a guide that is easy for everyone especially new people to ubuntu to use so be as detailed as possible.
Edit: If you still need help after using the guide please post here for assistance.
Thanks to mörgæs for your guidance during the writting of this guide.
Thanks to MG&TL for help in editing the guide.
Thanks to Krytarik for proofing-reading and helping to make the guide more concise.
Last edited by Elfy; June 27th, 2012 at 09:18 PM.
Reason: added text