Thread: attempting to share internet connection from pantech um185 mobile broadband usb modem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Exclamation attempting to share internet connection from pantech um185 mobile broadband usb modem

greetings
    i am currently attempting to share an internet connection from a pantech um185 mobile broadband usb modem (cricket wireless, EVDO CDMA), via the wireless adapter in my laptop. the machine is a compaq presario c500 laptop running ubuntu 9.10 after some difficulties connecting to the cricket network (solved with this guide http://wwww.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1146110), i am now able to browse the web.
    what i would like to do, what i have been able to do in winxp, is share the usb modem's internet connection to the built in wireless adapter on my compaq laptop, so i can connect to the internet using another laptop in my house.
    i am able to create an ad hoc network with the compaq,unencrypted for simplicity's sake, and can connect to said network via a myriad of wireless devices (iphone, ipod touch1g, toshiba satellite a105 running ubuntu 9.04). but on my compaq, in network connections, i assumed i could edit the connection settings for the usb device, and i recieve "Error initializing editor: Insufficient privileges."

any ideas to go about sharing this internet connection?

im not a total noob, i been around the block a few times, but i'm smart enough to know when i'm in the weeds. any help is appreciated.

baadford
    pow. right in the kisser

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Red face Re: attempting to share internet connection from pantech um185 mobile broadband usb m

well, apparently the issue solved itself.

baadford

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Question Re: attempting to share internet connection from pantech um185 mobile broadband usb m

Quote Originally Posted by baadford View Post
    well, apparently the issue solved itself.

baadford
    Hello Bradford,

Did you manage to solve this issue? I need to do almost the same.

Thanks!