Thread: Ati mobility radeon X600 Driver?

Threaded View

Beans

Ati mobility radeon X600 Driver?

Hello all!

I come to you with another problem that needs solving!!

I've recently installed Ubuntu 11.10 on my HP Pavilion ZD8000, even more recently than that I installed a game called "Vendetta Online" to find out that it does not work correctly. its very sluggish. So I figured "hey it must have something to do with a proprietary driver, the generic one offered by Ubuntu just aint cutting it" So I investigated a bit into it. I found the catalyst control panel in the ubuntu software center The machine in question has an ATI mobility radeon x600 (128MB), but when I try to run it I get this:

Initialization Error
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a problem initializing Catalyst Control Center Linux edition. It could be caused by the following.

No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly.
    Please install the AMD driver appropriate for you AMD hardware, or configure using aticonfig.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What to do? I haven't a clue!! please advise

Last edited by Brolyfanatic777; November 1st, 2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: the picture did not show up, so here is the text from the message copied and pasted