Thread: gnome 3 custom mouse binding for "Activities" (overview)?

Beans

Question gnome 3 custom mouse binding for "Activities" (overview)?

I'm generally in love with GNOME 3's shell since installing 11.10 and trying it out.

The only single thing I don't like is that I can only activate the "overview" mode by moving my mouse to the upper left corner (or hitting the Windows key) - I'd love to bind this the thumb button on my mouse (button 10).

I've seen a few requests for the same thing here and there online, but no responses. Is it possible?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Beans

Re: gnome 3 custom mouse binding for "Activities" (overview)?

You can do it with easystroke + xdotool. Easystroke is a gesture program, but you can set the gesture button to 10 and enable instant gestures, then set it to run "xdotool key Super" in a simple click gesture.

Beans

Re: gnome 3 custom mouse binding for "Activities" (overview)?

Quote Originally Posted by crdlb View Post
    You can do it with easystroke + xdotool. Easystroke is a gesture program, but you can set the gesture button to 10 and enable instant gestures, then set it to run "xdotool key Super" in a simple click gesture.
    That was a great suggestion - a little unfortunate to have to run a utility to watch for mouse gestures, but still a working solution I can live with. Thanks!

Jeff