Thread: Runescape Update

Beans

Runescape Update

Hello everyone!

I play Runescape through the "downloadable version" of the game. Until recently I have had no problems running/playing Runescape. I few days ago, when I opened Runescape through wine, I received and have been receiving the message since, "Please download the new version of from http://www.runescape.com/k=3/download.ws". Previously, I could just hit OK (the only option given) and the game would load normally. Now, since the latest update, if I click OK the game will not begin to load.

I have gone to this link, and the only downloadable options are for Windows and Mac. I have tried to re-download the "downloadable version", but every time I open it, it closes right away.

How do I play Runescape again? :'[

Thank you for all assistance!

Beans

Re: Runescape Update

Moved to wine.

I believe you can run Runescape natively in Linux.
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence View Post
    I believe you can run Runescape natively in Linux.
    Yes, it can be played directly in any browser with internet access and Java.

But the OP wants to use the stand alone game client directly from their desktop which currently only supports Windows and Mac as it doesn't need Java to be installed.

@OP: Are you using the download from this link:

http://www.runescape.com/downloads/runescape.msi?171011

?

I'm not sure how well Wine handles MSI files, as I've never had to install an msi through Wine before...

Beans

It appears that you do not have Java installed, or your version of Java is very old. To play this game for free please click here to download the latest version of Java. Alternatively, click here to get the downloadable version of the game."

I'm using the download from the second link. I've tried to download the latest version of Java, but that never goes well. If anyone could give me a good set of directions on installing Java, I'd gladly run it via browser. Either way will work for me, it's just previously, the client was the only one I could get to work.
    Last edited by Artificial Intelligence; October 26th, 2011 at 05:45 AM. Reason: fixed font size, please use the default font size