Page 82 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: Laptop COMPATIBILITY List.

Beans

Re: Laptop COMPATABILITY List.

1. Ubuntu 11.04 (x64)
    2. Samsung
    3. NP-R540-JA08US

Works perfectly out of the box. Installed off live cd, had shrunk partition within windows 7, to dual-boot. Did not try Wubi. Discovered no driver or functional abnormalities yet.

Edit:
    Touchpad scrolling does NOT work - did not notice this prior, because I always turn if off.
    Upgraded to 11.10 (x64) from live cd (clean install). Works just as well, still has touchpad scrolling problem.
    Last edited by WoodJRx; October 23rd, 2011 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Update

Beans

HP g6, radeon graphics card, kubuntu install

Had to compile driver for Wifi, radeon card stuck in vga mode, fglrx will not work (either proprietary or open source, suspend does not work.

HP g7, (for my wife); nvidia graphics

So far everything works. Have not tried Nvidia proprietary driver yet. Only issue so far is that the screen will display a diagonal line that results in a split (also 3d effect) when connected to HDTV via vga port (have not tried other ports).

Beans

1)Ubuntu 11.04
    2)Dell
    3)Latitude E5400

All works fine so far except for my webcam.
    Last edited by Walkerst; September 27th, 2011 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Neeed to specify ubuntu version

Beans

Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal
    Acer
    Aspire 4520

Works, but has the Broadcom wireless card issue, the fix for that is in another thread.

Bluetooth included with laptop, but I haven't been able to get it to work. I know the card is in there, but Ubuntu won't detect it.

[Edit 10/9] Battery problems - Won't run off of AC power for very long unless the system's settings are tweaked.

No other problems yet.
    Last edited by SkyeFerret; October 10th, 2011 at 12:38 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Make HP Model G72t.I have used both Ubuntu 10.04, 10.10, and 11.04. All work with no tweaks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

1) Ubuntu 11.04 x64 Natty Narwhal
    2) Sony VAIO
    3) VPCEB1S1E
    • Everything is good, and everything is working pretty much out of the box.
    • Some Minor bugs and they are not affecting only this Model and Vendor
    • This model can be with 2 types of video card ATI and Intel, I have one with ATI
    • Do not use Proprietary driver with it, it is working much better with OpenSource Driver, even better works with bleeding edge radeon driver Xorg Edgers PPA can provide one
    • Try to Configure Xorg.Conf if you won't like performance of video card. You can find out how in this thread - X Manual Configuration with Radeon - ATI Open Source Driver

One problem with Touchpad - scrolling, gestures and multitouch does not work (why da hell you need it ) there is workaround to get scrolling to work
    Bug #565543
    Look into comment #181

Cheers!
    Last edited by Lamukra; October 7th, 2011 at 07:51 AM.
    Sony Vaio VPCEB1S1E/BJ <--> Core i5-430M 2.533 MHz <--> Chipset Intel HM55 <--> ATI Radeon HD 5650 1GB Dedicated (Madison) <--> 8 GB RAM

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

1)Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal
    2)Dell
    3)Latitude D620

Everything works out of the box but Wi-Fi. To enable it, install two packages:

b43-fwcutter
    firmware-b43-installer

They can be installed from the Software Center or through the command line:

sudo apt-get install b43-fwcutter firmware-b43-installer

A reboot is not necessary - after the install is complete you should have working wifi and the wifi light should light up as well.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

D620? I cannot find this model on Dell online store.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Мохнатый View Post
    D620? I cannot find this model on Dell online store.
    It's not an actual laptop in the market, in my previous work (3 yr ago) we use to have that ones..
    http://www.dell.com/us/dfb/p/latitude-d620/pd

Beans

1. Linux Mint 11 (64 bit) (based on Ubuntu 11.04)
    2. Samsung
    3. Shark SF511

I really like this laptop. Battery life is the best I've had (longer than my 7hr EeePC). Everything works great out of the box with one glaring exception. You cannot right-click anything. I believe it has to do with the way the touchpad is recognized. There are no distinct mouse buttons, so you are dealing with one big mouse pad (mouse buttons included... almost as if they were trying to emulate a MacBook mousepad). So, when you try to right click, it detects the touchpad function and tries to do that. That means no right-clicking and no scrolling using select+hold. The only way I can use it and keep my sanity is to use an external mouse. That way it works perfectly.

I'll have to try vanilla Ubuntu 11.04 (Think I tried 11.10 and it did not work out so great). Samsung is ahead of the open source development community with this one, I guess.

Page 82 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast