Thread: Evolution: can I synch with a hotmail folder other than the inbox?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Evolution: can I synch with a hotmail folder other than the inbox?

I'm trying to migrate tons of old emails from Windows Live Mail (hotmail client) to Evolution. Anyone know the easiest way to transfer? WLM only exports .eml files which is not recognised by Evolution.

The only way I can think of at the moment, would be to copy each folders emails into my inbox in WLM, synch that with the online server, load to Evolution, then copy out to a folder. It would take a lot of manual effort (I'd have to do each folder seperately). It would make it slightly simpler if I could figure out a way to load a folder other than the inbox down to Evolution.

Any insightful suggestions? TIA.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Evolution: can I synch with a hotmail folder other than the inbox?

For the benefit if anyone who finds themselves, like me, trying to migrate from Windows Live Mail to Evolution.

I manged to migrate about half my old emails using the method described above, before I started getting server errors that have persisted for two days now. Not sure if it's a coincidence or if the MS Police have objected to so much traffic through the account.

As for transferring contact data, no joy. WLM will output a CSV file, but Evolution unhelpfully don't publish a specification for importing CSV's so I'm just getting mangled data through.

Can't believe I'm the only person with this dilemma.

John

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I'm on the same page here. Thought about your solution but I'm definitely sure there is another way around.

Beans
    Distro

Having been on Ubuntu / Evolution for a year now, can't say I'm overly impressed with Evolution, which is buggy. Don't miss Windows, but do miss Windows Live Mail.

Beans
    Distro

Came across this, which addresses my original question.

http://live.gnome.org/Evolution/FAQ#...o_Evolution.3F