Thread: Ubuntu 10.10 wont connect to ad hoc

Beans

Question Ubuntu 10.10 wont connect to ad hoc

I've just freshly installed UBUNTU 10.10 on my laptop. The previous version was 9.10. The problem is, after I've switched to the new version, I cannot connect to the ad hoc.
    I've got two laptops, one running windows 7 and another Ubuntu 10.10 (now). I have internet connection in the former machine that I shared with adhoc. Then I had to just click on network applet, select my desired connection and I was connected. But now, after installing 10.10, I click on the desired connection and it instantly shows "not connected" but the process seems to run. After some time it again says "not connected". I use no security for the connection and want to mention that's way I used to connect before.
    I searched the forum and googled a lot but no help. I'm getting crazy on this issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 wont connect to ad hoc

I think I'm having the same issue! I don't have a router at my house so I have to use my moms laptop as a router which is running Windows. Of course, my Windows partition will connect to the ad hoc network, but then Ubuntu connects but doesn't get internet.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 wont connect to ad hoc

But for me, It doesn't connect at all. May be you have some other issues. Anyway, thinking of downgrading to 10.4, don't know though whether it'll be ok then.