Thread: thread-safe version of libsqlite3

Beans

thread-safe version of libsqlite3

Hello everybody.

(For svn) I need a threadsafe version of the SQLite3 shared library. The one contained in the libsqlite3-0 package isn't thread-safe obviously. So I got a threadsafe build from the sqlite homepage and placed it in /usr/local/lib/.
    But when I adjust the corresponding symlink (/usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.so.0), this gets undone nearly every time I run apt-get upgrade.
    What would be the proper solution?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: thread-safe version of libsqlite3

I thought the entirety of SQlite was threadsafe by default. But I guess it is now not.
    Try 3.2
    AMD A4-3400 w/ Radeon HD 6410D, 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333Mhz, Kubuntu 14.04, SliTaz 4.0, Windows 8.1, Ubuntu 14.04 VM
    " ... Love your neighbor as you love yourself."

Beans

The only packages I can find in the repository are libsqlite3-0 and libsqlite0. Both are installed and svnadmin complains "SQLite is required to be compiled and run in thread-safe mode".
    When I replace the library manually with v3.7.3 from the sqlite homepage it works, but gets reverted by apt-get upgrade.

Beans

Can really nobody tell me, how I am supposed to do changes in usr/local/lib without them being reverted on apt-get upgrade?