Thread: Stylistic ST4110

Beans

Stylistic ST4110

Ok so Ive been trying my best to install an OS onto a Fujitsu Siemens Stylistic ST4110 for 3 days now. The buttons on it will only work on the very first boot screen but not after that. Ive been using a USB keyboard for navigation. So far the screen will work in command line but not in a graphical environment. The vga port to my LCD monitor will work with a GE however but the screen flicker gives me a headache. Touch screen navigation only works in BIOS. I have tried Ubuntu 10.10 alternate, minimal and Xubuntu alternate all to the same effect. I got some success when I used Ubuntu 6.06 alternate, viewing on the screen worked but not touch, or buttons. I am using a USB external CD/DVD ROM for the distro installation.

I read post http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=589945 and tried

Code:
    sudo /etc/init.d/gdm stop
    but it stalls on Checking Battery State

Have read post http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...Fujitsu+ST4110 and will be trying SUSE, I would prefer ubuntu though as I can build a lighter system using mini.

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: Stylistic ST4110

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone in this.

I have a Fujitsu T4020 and no Ubuntu version newer than 8.04 has worked on it -- and even THAT took quite a lot of customizing to get the tablet features to work.

Good Luck with OpenSUSE. If that doesn't work, you might try looking at PC Linux OS. I had better success with that than with newer Ubuntu versions.
    Ubuntu 17.04 Mate, Mint 18.1 Mate; MS Win 8.1, MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.