Thread: Trouble Installing Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) IDE Controller

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Exclamation Trouble Installing Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) IDE Controller

Hi,

I am installing a new system using the Latest Ubuntu Install and I am having issues getting the "Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) IDE Controller " Component Installed.

The System is running on an external card At the moment but that is a bit of a pain.

Any help would be sppreciated!
    No Coffee, No Workee

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Trouble Installing Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) IDE Controller

Is it a package, a driver, or just what is this "Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) IDE Controller"-thingy??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

The system has that controller and I am unable to locate the appropriate module for it so that it will function properly on my system.
    No Coffee, No Workee

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

if you know where it's located , you can rewrite the controller tou your system with sudo chown -R username. It's a recursive "change ownership" command that can be used on both files and folder to change them to your owner.

But I don't se how that is going to help ou get your controller working.

Are you new to linux??