I am attempting to install the vim R plugin on Hardy, and am rather confused. I am not sure whether I have installed the plugin but can't figure out how to use it, or if it isn't installed at all.
- Installed R from the Ubuntu repositories
- Installed gVim using Synaptic
- added Johannes Ranke's Debian sid repository (deb http://www.uft.uni-bremen.de/chemie/ranke/debs sid-jr/) to my /etc/apt/sources.list
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install vim-r-plugin
Installation of the plugin seemed to go fine. However I don't see any option for it in vim. When in vim I:
- Change filetype to r (:set ft=r)
- Press F2. This should bring up a console running R, in theory. But the computer just beeps at me, and nothing happens.
More information on this plugin may be found at:
Do I just not understand how to use the plugin? Or has it not installed correctly? If anyone can offer any advice I would be most grateful. I am a complete novice on vim by the way, this is the first time I have used it.