Thread: xfce icon theme inconsistency

Hybrid View

Beans

xfce icon theme inconsistency

Hello I am running xubuntu 12.04 and I am having a very hard time getting the icon theme that I choose to be universal. What I mean by this is that the icon for a given application is different in the menu than it is in the task bar. The two applications that I have noticed this on are synaptic and geany. I understand that applications that run as root need to set their icons specially so I have tried some of those techniques but I can't figure out why geany wouldn't work. I have tried creating gtkrc, gtkrc-2.0, gtkrc-3.0, gtkrc-4.0, setting the themes through the xfce4-settings manager, using sudo xfce4-settings manager, using gtksudo xfce4-settings manager, creating a .icons folder in my home directory, creating a .icons folder in the root directory, and copying themes into /usr/share/icons.

This picture highlights my problem.

http://ompldr.org/vY2cxeg

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: xfce icon theme inconsistency

You may want to check usr/share/pixmaps and usr/share/apps for inconsistent icon images. If the program uses an image from pixmaps changes will revert if the program updates.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

Re: xfce icon theme inconsistency

geany is not in /usr/share/apps but there is a geany.xpm file in /usr/share/pixmaps but I have no idea how to interpret the file. Also what do you mean by changes will revert if the program updates? I can't get the icon theme to be consistent even if I try and set it after an update.