Thread: Battery not found

Hybrid View

Beans

Battery not found

I am running a dual boot of windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04 on my toshiba satellite L655. My battery life is normal and I don't have any issues on the windows partition. In Ubuntu, none of the power manager programs recognize the battery. I do not have a battery icon. I have found many threads, but none with a fix that worked for me.

How do i get Ubuntu to recognize that my battery is present?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Battery not found

Quote Originally Posted by Slidescream2013 View Post
    I am running a dual boot of windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04 on my toshiba satellite L655. My battery life is normal and I don't have any issues on the windows partition. In Ubuntu, none of the power manager programs recognize the battery. I do not have a battery icon. I have found many threads, but none with a fix that worked for me.

How do i get Ubuntu to recognize that my battery is present?
    I am curious, do you have an icon when plugged into AC power?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by offgridguy View Post
    I am curious, do you have an icon when plugged into AC power?

No, I have never had the icon from install, either on battery or AC

Beans
    Hidden!

This puzzles me, i wish i could help more but at the moment i am out of ideas.
    Hopefully someone else has something that will help, i am subscribed to this
    thread in case i find something that will work. Sorry i can't be of more help.

Beans

Its quite puzzling, and annoying! I have been looking for months to find a fix to this. I am fairly new to Linux OS and don't dare to do to much digging into the system on my own.

I have seen other postings of people with toshiba laptops having this issue, but I have never seen a fix for it.

Beans

bump. I have been digging deep into the internet and can still find nothing. I have seen a couple references to similar issues on forums but never any answers. Any ideas?