Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Firefox can't access Gmail

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Beans
    84

    Firefox can't access Gmail

    When I try to go to use my gmail account I get an error which says "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

    I usually use Chrome but I was interested in using firefox for the web apps integration in 12.10 but this would be a show stopper.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    TenPlus1's Avatar
    TenPlus1 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Beans
    837
    Distro
    Lubuntu

    Smile Re: Firefox can't access Gmail

    Have you updated to the latest Firefox, and what addon's are you using ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Beans
    84

    Re: Firefox can't access Gmail

    Quote Originally Posted by TenPlus1 View Post
    Have you updated to the latest Firefox, and what addon's are you using ?
    I'm just using the default extensions which includes "Updated adblocker for firefox 11+" which seems to do nothing anyway.

    My firefox version is 16.0.2

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Beans
    13

    Re: Firefox can't access Gmail

    It happens to me once. Update the Ubuntu using Update manager and restart ur PC. It will work as usual. hope it helps

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Beans
    84

    Re: Firefox can't access Gmail

    Quote Originally Posted by nagubhai View Post
    It happens to me once. Update the Ubuntu using Update manager and restart ur PC. It will work as usual. hope it helps
    Didn't work...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Beans
    10,319
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

    Re: Firefox can't access Gmail

    Quote Originally Posted by shizz View Post
    I'm just using the default extensions which includes "Updated adblocker for firefox 11+" which seems to do nothing anyway.

    My firefox version is 16.0.2
    Could you explain what the part in bold is? Where exactly did you get this Firefox from?
    Shortened urls: See point #11 here. And clicking on them could be risky.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Beans
    84

    Re: Firefox can't access Gmail

    Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    Could you explain what the part in bold is? Where exactly did you get this Firefox from?
    Im using the firefox that comes default with 12.10. Its an extension that came with firefox. I haven't added it. I uninstalled it once or twice to see if there was anything better but I just kept it in the end.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Beans
    10,319
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

    Re: Firefox can't access Gmail

    Please put up a screenshot of the page you see when you load about:addons.
    Shortened urls: See point #11 here. And clicking on them could be risky.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •