Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Is there way to move the Unity launcher to the bottom?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Beans
    51

    Is there way to move the Unity launcher to the bottom?

    Damn, Ubuntu is so customizable , but such a simply option doesn't exist??

    Guys, Is there a way to move the Unity launcher to the bottom of the screen, under Ubuntu 12.04? I search about it a lot. I really thank you.

    (I'm sorry about this writing-style, I'm too much influenced from american movies ^^)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Beans
    13,238
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

    Re: Is there way to move the Unity launcher to the bottom?

    Ubuntu lost its reputation for lots of desktop customization when Unity took over ...

    But to answer your question, see the details in the following link:

    http://askubuntu.com/questions/33605...unity-launcher
    Ubuntu 16.10 Mate, Mint 18 Mate; MS Win 8.1, MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Finland/UK
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

    Re: Is there way to move the Unity launcher to the bottom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelps View Post
    Ubuntu lost its reputation for lots of desktop customization when Unity took over ...
    ...in most cases due to people not understanding which changes were actually caused bu Unity, and which by Gnome's decisions in the Gnome2 to Gnome3 transition (and of course the simple fact that the changes in GTK and desktop components mean that many customization tools need to be rewritten).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelps View Post
    But to answer your question, see the details in the following link:

    http://askubuntu.com/questions/33605...unity-launcher
    Keep in mind that those instructions, and the PPA repository mentioned in them, are only for Ubuntu 11.10.
    Last edited by mcduck; November 18th, 2012 at 03:34 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Beans
    51

    Re: Is there way to move the Unity launcher to the bottom?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcduck View Post
    ...in most cases due to people not understanding which changes were actually caused bu Unity, and which by Gnome's decisions in the Gnome2 to Gnome3 transition (and of course the simple fact that the changes in GTK and desktop components mean that many customization tools need to be rewritten).

    Keep in mind that those instructions, and the PPA repository mentioned in them, are only for Ubuntu 11.10.
    As you said so is there workaround for 12.04??

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    el_GR
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Is there way to move the Unity launcher to the bottom?

    Quote Originally Posted by CProgramming View Post
    As you said so is there workaround for 12.04??
    Hi ,
    there is not a workaround for 12.04 . A similar conversation took place few months ago here in forum. Take a look => http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1976480

    Thanks

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UK
    Beans
    17,055
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Is there way to move the Unity launcher to the bottom?

    The OP could use something like Docky instead.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •