Thread: Grub, Installation, Blackscreen help needed

Hybrid View

Exclamation Grub, Installation, Blackscreen help needed

I'm pretty new to all this so ill show you my train of thought as best I can. Images are in the attachment.

I used 'Wubi' the windows installer to download Ubuntu 12.10 everything is fully loaded and it asks me to reboot. When it comes back to life my computer has nothing but a white flashing '-' symbol.

I turn my computer off and on again and it asks me if I want windows 7 or Ubuntu I select Ubuntu and this shows up..

In conclusion, what should I do with this, baring in mind I know absolutely nothing about computers. Thanks for any help
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Grub, Installation, Blackscreen help needed

Oh and i forgot to mention I have a Pavilion G6 HP notebook, if that helps anything.

sorry to keep bumping this but I kinda need this to work as soon as possible, any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't have the foggiest idea of what to do in grub despite looking at endless threads on the matter is there anything simple i can do or should i just get windows for my new PC seeing as I know very little about this.

SW Forida
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I do not know wubi, but lets see is this shows anything. You will need a liveCD or liveUSB to boot the ISO from. Either Ubuntu or UbuntuSecureRemix which has Boot-Repair, but is not the standard Ubuntu.

Post the link to the BootInfo report that this creates.

Boot Repair -Also handles LVM, GPT, separate /boot and UEFI dual boot.:
    You can repair many boot issues with this or 'Create BootInfo' report (Other Options) & post the link it creates, so we can see your exact configuration and diagnose advanced problems.
    Full RepairCD with Boot-Repair (for newer computers)

Also instructions for CD or USB
    Write image or burn image not copy ISO as one large file to CD.
    For more info on UEFI boot install & repair - Regularly Updated :
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.