This fixed my ugly Plymouth splash.
To install nVIDIA Display Driver release 270.41.19 in Ubuntu 11.04 Natty or 11.10 Oneiric, open Terminal and run :The official – stable nVIDIA graphics driver release 270.41.19 can now be installed in Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal and daily builds of 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot via PPA. This driver release has been added into X Updates PPA for Ubuntu 11.04 Natty and Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric few days before.
There has been numerous bug fixes and stability enhancements for Linux environments. The major fixes are listed below :
- Fixed a bug in the VDPAU presentation queue that could cause 1 second hangs when transitioning from blit-based display to overlay- based display. This would most commonly happen when disabling a compositing manager.
- Fixed a bug that could cause crashes when capturing SDI video.
- Fixed a corner-case in which the OpenGL driver could leak resources in applications utilizing fork().
- Addressed a Linux kernel interface compatibility problem that could lead to ioremap() errors and, potentially, functional and/or stability problems.
- Fixed a bug that caused SLI initialization to fail on some Intel based systems.
- Fixed a bug that caused SLI initialization to fail when using recent Linux kernels, such as 2.6.38.
After the installation restart the system to enable the driver.Code:sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nvidia-current