Question about the affinity app:
1. is there a way to change the icon?
2. How do I make it index my system (or am I completely misunderstanding its purpose)?
ive got it sorted now, i did try what was suggested but had no luck.
in the end i removed awn, then removed the repos for it, reloaded synaptic, then added the repos again, reloaded synaptic and installed awn again, and it worked.
although the stacker applets didnt work (just showed up as a white line) this morning there was an update for the core applets, did that and the stackers work fine now.
installed without a problem, thank you. one problem post-install. after a restart or shutdown the launchers on the dock will no longer be their. how could i save my launchers from oblivion?
martin saint martin: You didn't say if AWN is working, just without applets and launchers, or if it's crashing on boot up. If it's crashing on boot up, is Compiz working after you reboot? On my Dell laptop (nVidea graphics card), Compiz apparently doesn't start up correctly with Hardy. If I try to run avant-window-navigator in a terminal, I get a message that the screen isn't composited (i.e. Compiz isn't working correctly.) If I restart the Compiz window manager after booting up, then load AWN, it works fine. Good Luck.
I just installed AWN without any hassle but unfortunately when I restart my computer or logoff, AWN disappears and I have to manually start it.
Yes my compiz always works even after restarting the computer. I have made sure startup behavior is enabled.
Also I am not able to add any Launchers on AWN. So to sum up I have two problems : -
1. AWN doesn't start automatically
2. Not able to add any launchers like fire, skype, pidgin etc.
Any help would be appreciated. :)
2. Your launchers will not appear immediately after adding them and the refresh button generally won't add them. Try closing out AWN and restarting it to get your new launchers to appear. You can then move them around and it will show the changes in real time.Code: