Make your Ubuntu video - win $100
We’ve all seen how cool technologies - such as Ruby on Rails - have wowed people through video.
Ubuntu Video is a new blog that can do the same for our favourite operating system. John Little, the site’s creator, hunts down Ubuntu-related movies and links to them using YouTube.
He told The Fridge what motivated him to get the site online:
Video allows us to dispel the old Linux myths: that it’s difficult, command line driven, there are no games for it, that sort of thing. I want Ubuntu users to flood the internet with videos that demonstrate the truth!John’s even running a competition to find the best in Ubuntu Video. He’s offering $100 to the winner and makes some suggestions as to what you might make:
Enter the competition at UbuntuVideo.com or get involved in this and similar projects by joining the Ubuntu Marketing mailing list.
- Record your own Ubuntu commercial.
- Show us how you use Ubuntu in a unique way or place.
- Record an instructive screencast.
- Make a mini documentary about free software.
- Go to a major retailer and ask to by a PC with Ubuntu pre-installed. Take your camera.
- Show us your linux gaming rig.