PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Video Library Manager

jbrown96
December 2nd, 2008, 09:39 AM
I have an HTPC, and I'm starting to get a good collection of movies and Tv shows ripped to my hard drive. The problem is that I want to find a good way to organize them. I'm tired of using Nautilus or Dolphin to manage them.
I recently found Gcstar, and it's really awesome. I love being able to have the box art. While it's good at managing my movies, it can't do TV shows. The way to even have them listed is individually, and it would be insane to have ~140 episodes of Seinfeld with 40 movies interspersed.

My question is: has anyone found any good Library management? I would prefer something with playlist abilities, especially for TV shows. I can't really have anything that has video embedded because of the performance impact. I have quite a bit of HD, so my processor is swamped all the time.

billgoldberg
December 2nd, 2008, 11:12 AM
I have an HTPC, and I'm starting to get a good collection of movies and Tv shows ripped to my hard drive. The problem is that I want to find a good way to organize them. I'm tired of using Nautilus or Dolphin to manage them.
I recently found Gcstar, and it's really awesome. I love being able to have the box art. While it's good at managing my movies, it can't do TV shows. The way to even have them listed is individually, and it would be insane to have ~140 episodes of Seinfeld with 40 movies interspersed.

My question is: has anyone found any good Library management? I would prefer something with playlist abilities, especially for TV shows. I can't really have anything that has video embedded because of the performance impact. I have quite a bit of HD, so my processor is swamped all the time.

I was going to recommend something like Boxee or Xmbc Atlantis or Myth tv for a htpc, but it seems you don't like that.

Boxee and Xmbc are pretty light weight and you shouldn't really get a huge performance impact.

I used to use gcstar, it's great for movies but as you said not that good for tv shows.

I have over 300 movies and over a 1000 tv show episodes, I manage them using nautilus. Finding a movie is easy because of the folder system I have, and there is alway "ctrl+f".