PDA

View Full Version : Plasmoids ported to Screenlets?

Giant Speck
December 2nd, 2008, 05:36 AM
As some of you probably already know, you can install SuperKaramba widgets, as well as web widgets (Google Gadgets, Widgetbox, and Yourminis) in Screenlets.

Is the ability to install Plasmoids in Screenlets in development yet?

DeadSuperHero
December 2nd, 2008, 05:31 PM
Heck, I didn't even know you could do all of THOSE things for Screenlets!

Out of sheer curiosity, though: are there any projects out there porting the Screenlets APIs to Plasma? Because if Plasma gets all the Screenlets API's, that means it'd also get Google Gadgets, Widgetbox, and Yourminis, too.

Sheesh. Gotta love FOSS.

Giant Speck
December 2nd, 2008, 10:31 PM
Heck, I didn't even know you could do all of THOSE things for Screenlets!

Out of sheer curiosity, though: are there any projects out there porting the Screenlets APIs to Plasma? Because if Plasma gets all the Screenlets API's, that means it'd also get Google Gadgets, Widgetbox, and Yourminis, too.

Sheesh. Gotta love FOSS.

I think it would be nice and smart for there to be one unified desktop widgets program for both desktop environments.

I mean, we are already able to use both Cairo-Dock and AWN in KDE and GNOME, and we can use Screenlets in KDE and GNOME. For a time, we could only use SuperKaramba in KDE, but then it was ported for use in Screenlets.

I would really love to use any widget available on my desktop, regardless of what desktop environment it was originally made for.