PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Chaged Folder Location of User to Root

michaelbehlen
December 2nd, 2008, 04:58 AM
Hey guys, I am new with Ubuntu and have a question. I have done hours of seraching but none of helped. Everytime I try and login I get:

First Error:
User's $HOME/.dmrc file has been ignored. This prevents the default session and language from being saved. File should be owned by user and have 644 permissions. User's $HOME directory must be owner by user and not writtable by other users.

Second Error:
Could not update ICEauthority file /home/.ICEauthority

Third Error:
There is a problem with the configuration server. [/usr/lib/libconf2-4/gconf-sanity-check-2 exited with status 256

ThirFourth Error:
Cannot create the dir "/home/.gnome2/share/fonts". This is needed to allow changing the mouse pointer theme.

After these errors appear I have my desktop wallpaper showing. however, I can not right click, I have no icons, I have no menus ect. ect. I can hit cntrl alt f2, but other than that I am stuck.

The only thing I remember doing is changing the dir of the username to root. However I do not know how to change it back or fix my problem. I also added permissions on the local username (but only to things like printers ect.).

Than k you in advance!
-Michaelbehlen