PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] dell sata under windows

waleedakleh
December 1st, 2008, 09:48 PM
under windows XP
after starting the ubutu for the first time it asks u to choose the GMT then the partition thing comes up.
the problem is that it doesn't show any partitions to choose from
so if i choose to cancel(exit) the ubuntu will start but when i restart it the same problem all over again.

pleas help.

__Ryan__
December 1st, 2008, 09:53 PM
Do you want to overwrite your Windows installation?

waleedakleh
December 1st, 2008, 10:01 PM
no i don't

__Ryan__
December 1st, 2008, 10:33 PM
You might need to resize your Windows partition before installing Ubuntu then. To clarify you are booting from the LiveCD and are trying to run the installer correct?

waleedakleh
December 1st, 2008, 10:39 PM
this happens after i already run the live cd and installed the ubuntu it is running the ununtu for the first time thing it is every time i choose to start ubuntu instead of WIN XP when i turn my pc on.

__Ryan__
December 1st, 2008, 11:14 PM
Possibly silly question but did you remove the Live CD after you did the install? You shouldn't be seeing those screens if you have completed the installation.

waleedakleh
December 2nd, 2008, 01:19 AM
i kept the cd the at the 1st run, but then when i tried it agane after restart i removed the cd

__Ryan__
December 2nd, 2008, 01:33 AM
So you are able to log into your gnome desktop and do whatever until you reboot at which point it goes through some sort of setup again? Did you see the GRUB bootloader screen?

Could you give some more details please?

waleedakleh
December 2nd, 2008, 01:36 AM
yes i am able to login to my desktop and use the ubuntu normally
untill i restart it then some kind of setup comes agane

GRUB bootloader screen??????whats that????!!!!