PDA

View Full Version : I <3 Ubuntu.

Phases
December 1st, 2008, 06:21 PM
Made the full switch on two home computers and my work computer (virtualized XP for what little I still need it for) to Ubuntu 8.04 a few months back.

Dual 19" screens at work and 22"s on my main at home - with synergy to my server box..

It's been a few months and I'm still excited about it and still love getting on my computers. I have fun tinkering with the stuff.

I put web and mail services on my server at home for the site in my sig, have it doing tar backups nightly with cron jobs and a places file.. can vpn to work with one three letter command (alias' rock mmkay?), got a linux script for my UPS's (so they email and text me when power goes out and shutdown the comps when batterys get low), got IRC bots goin'...etc etc.

It's too fun.

And, a big thanks to THIS community for all the answers I've found here (and tutorial/walk throughs!) and help I've received from members. There's only been one or two issues that I (and looks like many others like me) haven't been able to solve. This place is awesome.

Here's a pic of my home synergy'd workstation and server.

Yep. I just thought I'd throw that out there. For the hell of it.

;)

rudihawk
December 1st, 2008, 07:17 PM
Nice, now all you need is a keyboard and a mouse to operate all that ;)

binbash
December 1st, 2008, 07:22 PM

:lolflag::lolflag::lolflag:

Phases
December 1st, 2008, 07:47 PM

lol, it's there in the blackness at the bottom.. one of those slide out trays ;)

I love that I only need ONE keyboard and mouse. How did I ever live without synergy before?

fooey
December 2nd, 2008, 04:17 AM
agreed.