PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Problems Installing Ubuntu/Xubuntu

yellowsvt98
December 1st, 2008, 12:51 AM
Alright let me start off by saying that I am new to this Ubuntu thing and this is my first post on here. I have been having issues installing Ubuntu/Xubuntu on my Fujitsu Lifebook Notebook. It is a 900mhz Pentium III processor with a 160gb hard drive and 256mb of ram. I have downloaded and re-downloaded Ubuntu and Xubuntu several times and burned both to several disks. The problem i am having is when it is installing files, it tells me that several files are corrupt on the cd or the cd is corrupt. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

taurus
December 1st, 2008, 12:57 AM
After you've downloaded the ISO file, have you done

1. run a checksum to make sure the integrity of the ISO image,
2. burn it at a slow speed instead of a default,
3. run the option, Scan CD for Defects, from the screen when you boot from the CD,
4. or perhaps you should use the alternate CD to install Ubuntu on your laptop since it has only 256MB of RAM.

yellowsvt98
December 1st, 2008, 01:02 AM
I have actually done all of those things and the only thing i have had an issue with is when i do the "check cd for defects" option. It tells me that the cd is corrupt every time. I have also burned the image in both windows xp and ubuntu since i have both running on this computer.