PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] help with display problems on my laptop

kevinorourke2008
November 30th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Hi Everybody,
I,m looking at installi ng ubuntu 8.04 lts on my fujitsu siemens laptop and am having problems with the display.
When i get into ubuntu i cant see the whole screen it is as though the whole screen won't fit on the monitor it's just too big , so i started up in safe graphics mode and all of the screen is suddenly there but in low graphics mode I think it is a driver problem? is there a way that i could use the drivers for my laptop display and inport them from cd or are there other things that i could try first? I am usuing ubuntu in the live cd version untill i can get this issue resolved as i don't want to install it if it won't work.
My display card is a VIA/S3G unichrome pro.

many thanks kevinororuke

overdrank
November 30th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Hi Everybody,
I,m looking at installi ng ubuntu 8.04 lts on my fujitsu siemens laptop and am having problems with the display.
When i get into ubuntu i cant see the whole screen it is as though the whole screen won't fit on the monitor it's just too big , so i started up in safe graphics mode and all of the screen is suddenly there but in low graphics mode I think it is a driver problem? is there a way that i could use the drivers for my laptop display and inport them from cd or are there other things that i could try first? I am usuing ubuntu in the live cd version untill i can get this issue resolved as i don't want to install it if it won't work.
My display card is a VIA/S3G unichrome pro.

many thanks kevinororuke

Hi and welcome, that graphics chipset is not supported well and you may look here
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OpenChrome