PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] loading pictures in ebay

fuzzybush
November 30th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Hello , I have just loaded ubuntu 8.04 , and I have little Linux experience.I am having trouble loading pictures in Ebay. Fspot imports pics from my camera o.k. , and the Ebay browse for pics finds the picture in the correct folder on my computer.

But , when I try to upload the picture to Ebay , I get an eternal hourglass and nothing happens.

I would appreciate any advice you have. Thanks.

nhasian
November 30th, 2008, 09:26 PM
doesnt ebay charge you for each picture you use? its far better to host the pictures yourself on your own server or a free server like photobucket or flickr then there are no restrictions and you can have as many pictures as big as you like :)

oilchangeguy
November 30th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Hello , I have just loaded ubuntu 8.04 , and I have little Linux experience.I am having trouble loading pictures in Ebay. Fspot imports pics from my camera o.k. , and the Ebay browse for pics finds the picture in the correct folder on my computer.

But , when I try to upload the picture to Ebay , I get an eternal hourglass and nothing happens.

I would appreciate any advice you have. Thanks.

have you tried not importing the pics. and see if you can load them from the camera to ebay browse.

fuzzybush
November 30th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Hi , thanks for the replies . I tried it again about an hour ago and it worked normally. I guess the first time I just ran into some server problem and blamed it on linux and ubuntu.

Ebay gives lets you list one photo for free and charges for more. Thanks for the tip about Photobucket;I'll give it a try.

Fuzzybush.