PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with installation of ubuntu-8.10-desktop

BykBpa
November 30th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I have a problem with installing Ubuntu.
Situation is like this:
I am total new Linux user, not even that... This is my first installation. On my machine there is WinXP on first hard which is IDE. I've bought a new hard for Ubuntu which is SATA. After downloading ubuntu-8.10-desktop-i386 I tried to install it but this was happen:

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Ubuntu 1:1.10.2-1ubuntu6) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of build-in commands
(initramfs)

I've already search the forum and saw that there are threads with similar problems but solutions are uf... I cannot understand them. Pass something to kernel...
Can someone post detailed solution for this that even newbie can understand? Or what should I learn to handle this situation?

CPU: AMDx2 4000+

taurus
November 30th, 2008, 05:47 PM
How fast did you burn the ISO image to a CD? If you set it at a default speed, try burning it again but at a slow speed, 4x if your burner can burn at the speed.

Maverick321
November 30th, 2008, 06:50 PM
I am having the same problem with the 8.10 desktop. The cd verified that it had no errors. Any idea how to fix?

BykBpa
November 30th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Unfortunately, this method didn't help :( . I burnt it at 4x and the problem is still here.

How fast did you burn the ISO image to a CD? If you set it at a default speed, try burning it again but at a slow speed, 4x if your burner can burn at the speed.