PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] [SOLVED] Abiword help problem...

mesmith
November 30th, 2008, 06:31 AM
In using Abiword I was inserting page numbers and clicked the Help button. I got a Firefox msg that said it couldn't find the html doc at the path it was looking in: /usr/share/abiword-2.6/AbiWord/help/en-US/interface/dialogpagenumbers.html

I took a look at the path and noticed that Abiword is looking for the file on a path that doesn't exist. The path that does exist looks like this: /usr/share/abiword-2.6/help/en-US/interface/dialogpagenumbers.html

Notice that the installed data path lacks the level /Abiword/ that follows /abiword-2.6/

Any fix for this? Is there some way to change Abiword's path for help?

seren6ipity
November 30th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Abiword should be looking at http://www.abisource.com/help/en-US/interface/dialogpagenumbers.html rather that looking at /usr/share/

You can file a bug by going to document help - report a bug

In using Abiword I was inserting page numbers and clicked the Help button. I got a Firefox msg that said it couldn't find the html doc at the path it was looking in: /usr/share/abiword-2.6/AbiWord/help/en-US/interface/dialogpagenumbers.html

I took a look at the path and noticed that Abiword is looking for the file on a path that doesn't exist. The path that does exist looks like this: /usr/share/abiword-2.6/help/en-US/interface/dialogpagenumbers.html

Notice that the installed data path lacks the level /Abiword/ that follows /abiword-2.6/

Any fix for this? Is there some way to change Abiword's path for help?

mesmith
December 1st, 2008, 05:27 AM
Many thanks. Filed a bug report. Seems weird that all these help docs are sitting on my hard drive when it wants to look for online help. Maybe a change in philosophy, but why install all the files? Do they expect everyone to be online at all times?

Thanks again,

Mike

seren6ipity
December 1st, 2008, 10:05 AM
:-)
You have a very valid point, not every one is online all the time. I think they are still finishing things up.