PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No Root File System Is Defined

ofsubstance
November 30th, 2008, 04:54 AM
I tried to [re-]install 8.04.1 from CD from within Windows. Installation seemed to go smoothly until I rebooted into Ubuntu. It gave me the error message "No root file system is defined. Please correct this from the partitioning menu."

I used the automatic configuration option, so I don't know what went wrong. I'm pretty much a b00b who has no idea how to fix this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

damis648
November 30th, 2008, 04:57 AM
I tried to [re-]install 8.04.1 from CD from within Windows. Installation seemed to go smoothly until I rebooted into Ubuntu. It gave me the error message "No root file system is defined. Please correct this from the partitioning menu."

I used the automatic configuration option, so I don't know what went wrong. I'm pretty much a b00b who has no idea how to fix this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I gather that you are using Wubi. Can you try re-installing it again?

ofsubstance
November 30th, 2008, 05:00 AM
Nope, not using Wubi. I have a CD, and I just stuck the CD in and selected the "Install inside Windows" option. Would reinstalling still help?

damis648
November 30th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Nope, not using Wubi. I have a CD, and I just stuck the CD in and selected the "Install inside Windows" option. Would reinstalling still help?

That would be Wubi. Try reinstalling and see what happens.