PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade to 8.10-help needed

anoopp
November 29th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I have been using Ubuntu 8.04 for last 6 months. Yesterday i got ubuntu 8.10 CD from Shipit.ubuntu team. I would like to upgrade my OS from 8.04 to 8.10 rather than the fresh install. Please help me to do this. I have googled a lot and nothing works for me.Btw, i have seen a lot of comments about 8.10 ,like nothing works there..Any comments on this too..plz reply soon

oilchangeguy
November 29th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I have been using Ubuntu 8.04 for last 6 months. Yesterday i got ubuntu 8.10 CD from Shipit.ubuntu team. I would like to upgrade my OS from 8.04 to 8.10 rather than the fresh install. Please help me to do this. I have googled a lot and nothing works for me.Btw, i have seen a lot of comments about 8.10 ,like nothing works there..Any comments on this too..plz reply soon

uh, the update manager should show that you can upgrade to the new version.

overdrank
November 29th, 2008, 02:59 PM

Hi and if you have a working system with Hardy 8.04 then you may want to stick with it. If you want to upgrade from the cd it must be the alternate cd not the live cd.