PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Help plz!

jh3rn4nd3z07
November 29th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Okay i was messing with my monitor today and hooked up my HDTV up to it and it was kind of greenish and couldnt get the color to look good so i decided to change the Hertz from 60 to 75 or something like that i dont quite remember..after i did this my HDTV Said this mode is not supported so im guessing the Hertz was too high so i went to plug my regular monitor back in and its staying in something called "Analog Mode" ?? So right now i cant get my monitor to show my desktop at all..Whenever i reboot i can see the startup and stuff like that but once it loads afterwards my screen goes into analog mode...I dont know if theres a way but i need to change my Hertz back to 60 in order to get my monitor to show up i guess? idk i dont know alot about computers and this decision i made royally screwed me if anyone can help please do so it would be highly appreciated!

keithld
November 29th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Well the Hertz has nothing to do with "Color" it is the refresh rate of the monitor... "Analog Mode" is the default for most older CRT Computer Monitors (the ones that still have picture tubes in them and not flat screens, LCD's)...

Have you tried just shutting the computer off for a while then start it up again instead or restarting???

I think you can also run the "Recovery Mode", but I think others here will have some things for you to try...

jh3rn4nd3z07
November 29th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Yes , ive tried recovery mode and safe mode but recovery mode still pretty much my monitor is saying it doesnt support it and i know its because i have more hertz than it can handle set and the safe mode doesnt let me change hertz because it just goes into safe mode. i pretty much put the hertz at more than my monitor can handle and same with my hdtv monitor because it wont show up on either screens...idk what to do..

keithld
November 29th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Have you tried going to:

System > Preferences > Screen Resolution

then click on "Detect Displays" ???

Time for me to get some sleep.. Someone here should be able to help you, hang in there not all is lost...

lelmo85
November 29th, 2008, 05:38 PM
More info please. What kind of monitor? CRT or LCD flat screen? What distribution? Shut everything down for five minutes - see if this helps.