PDA

View Full Version : moreinterop.com -- Microsoft and Novell

altonbr
November 28th, 2008, 09:35 PM
http://moreinterop.com

Has anyone seen this? It seems like its marketed to children, but it's interesting.

dhughes
November 28th, 2008, 09:37 PM
I was browsing Brainstorm and someone mentioned SUSE and Microsoft are getting cozy with each other then I came here and saw your post.

Johnsie
November 28th, 2008, 09:41 PM
If a version of Linux becomes more compatible with windows then I'm getting that version. I want my windows only apps/hardware to work and dont want to have to worry if things I buy are linux compatible.

AndyCee
November 28th, 2008, 09:58 PM
If a version of Linux becomes more compatible with windows then I'm getting that version. I want my windows only apps/hardware to work and dont want to have to worry if things I buy are linux compatible.

Err...if I remember correctly, Microsoft threatened to sue Linux Distributors with patent infringements unless they signed a deal with them. Xandros and Novell signed. Perhaps this is the outcome.

It would be interesting to see how SUSE could benefit without the rest of the linux community also receiving a benefit.

SunnyRabbiera
November 28th, 2008, 09:59 PM

But when that linux distro is owned by a company no better then MS you have to draw the line, I rather have freedom.