PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] National antheme England

nightstalker1976
November 28th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Hello

Is there someone who knows wher I can download the English national antheme?

I need the instrumental full length version for my Grandmas Birthady.

Or can someone send me a mp3 file ? IF yes you can conatct me via PN. Thank you for your help. :lolflag:

bruce89
November 28th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I feel compelled to tell you that God Save the Queen is the national anthem of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. That said, Scotland and Wales have "unoffical" ones of their own. If you have ever heard God Save the Queen, you'll know why.

Anyway, I suspect it might be hard to obtain legally.

ice60
November 28th, 2008, 08:37 PM
which one do you mean? i'm not sure England has a national anthem so it uses a few of them :|

nightstalker1976
November 28th, 2008, 08:41 PM
I mean the instrumetal verion of "God save the Queen"

But that sounds complicated. How much anthemes do the Britans have? That sounds like a bloody mess.:)

bruce89
November 28th, 2008, 08:41 PM
which one do you mean? i'm not sure England has a national anthem so it uses a few of them :|

England being a part of the UK doesn't have one (official or non-official), but Scotland and Wales have unofficial ones.

I suspect this is a case of not understanding that England != Britain.

But that sounds complicated. How much anthemes do the Britans have? That sounds like a bloody mess.:)

I think the UK has 3. Wales and Scotland have "unoffical" ones, but England and Northern Ireland have to stick to GStQ.

nightstalker1976
November 28th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Bruce thank you for that information. I learned a lot.

bruce89
November 28th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Bruce thank you for that information. I learned a lot.

Thanks.

nightstalker1976
November 28th, 2008, 09:01 PM
hopefully is there someone who can help,I need it tomorrow.

Johnsie
November 28th, 2008, 09:15 PM
It depends if you want to be official or not.

England has a few songs that they would consider as anthems. Jerusalem, Swing Low and God Save the Queen http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NuEbGwWUb1M.

Most people only sing/know one verse of God save the Queen but there are atualy a few verses to it.

Scotland also has a few... Flower of Scotland, Loch Lomond etc.

Northern Ireland has God Save the Queen, Danny Boy and Irelands Call (only for cross border rubgy really)

Wales has a Welsh national anthem and a few other song s like 'Bread of Heaven'

nightstalker1976
November 28th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Hello Johnsie

I need that verion wich you see at the YouTube Link as a mp3 or cda in full length.

Johnsie
November 28th, 2008, 09:38 PM
is that legal?

bruce89
November 28th, 2008, 10:06 PM
is that legal?

It could be, as long as the author of the version has been dead for 50 years AFAIK.

gettinoriginal
November 28th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Downloading the anthem and the lyrics is legal
see the very bottom of the page.
http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/cpsc-ccsp/sc-cs/godsave_e.cfm

ice60
November 28th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Hello Johnsie

I need that verion wich you see at the YouTube Link as a mp3 or cda in full length.

you can download it as an mp3 here -
http://vixy.net/

just paste in the youtube url and select mp3 where it says Converts to:

vikramaditya
November 28th, 2008, 11:41 PM
to give granny some perspective, try snagging an mp3 of the sex pistols gstq...still the smashingest anthem to class envy, ever! ;)

ice60
November 28th, 2008, 11:46 PM
England being a part of the UK doesn't have one (official or non-official), but Scotland and Wales have unofficial ones.

I suspect this is a case of not understanding that England != Britain.

did you write that as a joke or something? there's nothing wrong with what i said.

the fact england has various unofficial national anthems is hard to avoid, the last i heard it spoken about was yesterday on the radio!

you wrote "I suspect this is a case of not understanding that England != Britain." after quoting my first post. lol, you are trying to give me a heart attack for correcting my post with this, aren't you?

i might start looking for posts that have correct meaning, than quote them and correct them with total nonsense lol.

bruce89
November 28th, 2008, 11:53 PM
you wrote "I suspect this is a case of not understanding that England != Britain." after quoting my first post. lol, you are trying to give me a heart attack for correcting my post with this, aren't you?

i might start looking for posts that have correct meaning, than quote them and correct them with total nonsense lol.

I thought it was a case of the OP getting confused with UK and England. I won't lecture you about it, as I'm sure you know the difference.

Lostincyberspace
November 28th, 2008, 11:59 PM
If you are having trouble finding music for "God Save the Queen/King" try using "America the Beautiful". Same tune different lyrics, one of the most popular parodies in the world.

ice60
November 29th, 2008, 12:06 AM
I thought it was a case of the OP getting confused with UK and England. I won't lecture you about it, as I'm sure you know the difference.
yeap, i did think you were probably talking about the OP right after i posted, but i left it as it more humorous than malicious. sorry any way :)

bruce89
November 29th, 2008, 12:40 AM
yeap, i did think you were probably talking about the OP right after i posted, but i left it as it more humorous than malicious. sorry any way :)

Och, don't worry about it.

I get a wee bit excited (not in a good way) about my country being called England you see.

Eclipse.
November 29th, 2008, 04:16 AM
I get a wee bit excited (not in a good way) about my country being called England you see.

Me too.:lolflag:

Spike-X
November 29th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Or for something different, you could use Queen's instrumental version, off their A Night At The Opera album.

Lostincyberspace
November 29th, 2008, 09:51 AM
I have that album, I think.

Yep, Flac encoded already too.

PM me about details.

mips
November 29th, 2008, 03:37 PM
If you have ever heard God Save the Queen, you'll know why.

Lol. Everytime I hear it I go into depression.

nightstalker1976
December 1st, 2008, 11:47 AM
Hello

I have teh national antheme i need found @ YouTube and downloaded ist.

Thank you for your help. Everyone :guitar:

Should I mark that Thread as solved??

eternalnewbee
December 1st, 2008, 12:40 PM
Should I mark that Thread as solved??
I beg you:lolflag: