PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Inspiron 2650 locks up w/ PCMCIA card.

indecks
November 28th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Morning everyone. I've just recently installed Ibex and it works great, save for the PCMCIA slot. Wired network is working fine but when I plug in the PCMCIA card, it locks up the system, forcing a hard reboot. I can't even get to the point of trying to intall any drivers or run any commands. It just freezes the system completely.

The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 2650 1.2gHz CPU, 384mb of RAM and the card I am attempting to install is an Air-Link 802.11g card.

The card was inserted when I was first trying to install the OS and it was locking up the system then too. I then realized that was the issue. Is there anything that can be done to get this card installed? This laptop is going to be used in a Dr's office and will need to be wireless.

Thanks in advance for any help.

indecks
November 28th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Hmm. That's interesting. I guess maybe the card is not supported. I thought I found it on the wikilink that is at the top of this forum but for some reason it just didn't like it. I pulled out an older Linksys b card and it works like a champ.

Ahh well, I guess this Dr will have to deal with surfing his network at b speeds.