PDA

View Full Version : 2 Weeks Playing Sudoku.

s.fox
November 28th, 2008, 05:20 PM
For the last few weeks I have been playing sudoku on the bus when I go into the city near where I live. I had never played it before and yet I am finding myself playing it whenever I get a spare moment.

I play it on my mobile phone and can do the "Hard" setting in about 5mins 30 secs. Given that I always have my mobile on me, I seem to be spending more and more time playing it and trying to break my record time. Is it that addictive? Anyone else playing a worrying amount of time playing this puzzle game? Why is it like this?

I know I can just give it up (I haven't touched it all day :) ), but it got me thinking if anyone is hooked on it.

lswest
November 28th, 2008, 05:23 PM
I'm not addicted to it, but when I'm bored and need something to do more often than not I'm reaching for my sudoku puzzle book (you know...pencil and paper style :P). I quite enjoy the diabolical ones :P (that's the hardest level in the book) or the 16 x 16 (1-16 instead of 1-9) ones that are in another book I have. I do believe there are larger ones at the very back, haven't got there yet though.

Sudoku...best way to pass time :P

Bibek
November 28th, 2008, 05:44 PM
I subscribe to a newspaper that gives out sudoku everyday. So, I play one puzzle a day.

jimi_hendrix
November 28th, 2008, 05:51 PM
my old math teacher did a sudoku a day...keeps the bad algabra away

s.fox
November 28th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Would I be right in thinking its actually good for you? I suppose it does sharpen the mind but at the same time I suspect its addictive. Anyone think different?

poetstorm
November 28th, 2008, 06:00 PM
For the last few weeks I have been playing sudoku on the bus when I go into the city near where I live. I had never played it before and yet I am finding myself playing it whenever I get a spare moment.

I play it on my mobile phone and can do the "Hard" setting in about 5mins 30 secs. Given that I always have my mobile on me, I seem to be spending more and more time playing it and trying to break my record time. Is it that addictive? Anyone else playing a worrying amount of time playing this puzzle game? Why is it like this?

I know I can just give it up (I haven't touched it all day :) ), but it got me thinking if anyone is hooked on it.

I too am addicted to Sudoku. I have a bus ride of about an hour every day plus a waiting time of 30 minutes. A friend bought me a sudoku book to pass the time and though there was a bit of a learning curve to solve the puzzles, I just got hooked. I played it in the morning and at might. One night I actually had a Sudoku dream. XD

Buy was I glad to find Ubuntu has a Sudoku game. :)

s.fox
November 28th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I too am addicted to Sudoku. I have a bus ride of about an hour every day plus a waiting time of 30 minutes. A friend bought me a sudoku book to pass the time and though there was a bit of a learning curve to solve the puzzles, I just got hooked. I played it in the morning and at might. One night I actually had a Sudoku dream. XD

Buy was I glad to find Ubuntu has a Sudoku game. :)

Thankfully my trips on the bus have come to an end and hopefully this means no more sudoku for me :) I did see that Ubuntu has a sudoku game but haven't even run it once.

spupy
November 28th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Wow, I played sudoku the whole last year of school. There just wasn't anything more interesting to do in class...

pape
November 28th, 2008, 10:15 PM
I was hooked on sudoku for months. Then the magic ran out.

Now, I've found something that has got me again, and these are MUCH more challenging than (normal) sudokus:

http://www.killersudokuonline.com/

Go for it, but reserve a couple of hours to solve one..

:twisted: