PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Pipe to SpamAssassin failed, error code 1, In Evolution Mail

clyde9999
November 28th, 2008, 12:35 PM
I keep getting an error message in Evolution Mail.

Pipe to SpamAssassin failed, error code 1

Yet, the filter appears to be working fine. It is indeed filtering junk mail. I use SpamAssassin because Bogofilter simply does not filter out my junk mail.

I have an IBM NetVista 2.4 Gig Hz CPU.
Network: Cable through a router.

Thanks Much!!

Clyde9999

hictio
November 28th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Check here (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/282734), maybe the solution will apply to Spamassassin as well?
This solution worked A Ok for me:

Bogofilter will automatically create this file when a message is marked as "Junk". So, as a simple fix, simply mark a message as "Junk" inside of Evolution. You can then go to the Junk folder and mark the message "Mark as Not Junk" if desired. The wordlist.db file will remain in place.

But, then again, I did not had that Spamassassin error message, but the same one on Bogofilter.

And 2 reports on your specific problem:

Failed spamassassin pipe on Evolution (Intrepid) (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/275746)
Pipe to SpamAssassin failed, error code: 1 (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/281807)

clyde9999
November 29th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Okay, I have gone both ways to create the folder. Next time I get mail, I will let you know if it worked.

clyde9999:popcorn:

hictio
November 29th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Okay, I have gone both ways to create the folder. Next time I get mail, I will let you know if it worked.

clyde9999:popcorn:

Can't you send yourself an email from a webmail account? :)

clyde9999
November 30th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Did it, same issue still exists.

clyde99999

cheetaux
December 4th, 2008, 03:44 AM
I get the same error "Check Junk Failed" with the SpamAssassin error code. This only started with Intrepid.

clyde9999
December 10th, 2008, 05:15 PM
I get the same error "Check Junk Failed" with the SpamAssassin error code. This only started with Intrepid.

I still do not have the answer, but am seeking in several locations. Once it is solved, I will make sure to post it here if I did not get the answer here.

clyde9999

sstidhem
December 20th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I'm getting the same problem and not getting any spam stopped. I'm migrating from Outlook and I've got a ton of spam to train it with. I've installed spamd and it's running.

Anybody figure out the fix? Wifey's getting PO'd at all the spam and is pushing to move back to *******.

Ubuntu 8.10
Evolution 2.24.2

momist
December 31st, 2008, 12:04 AM

Mine reports SpamAssassin error code 5.

This only started for me with the upgrade to Intrepid last Saturday.

oldos2er
December 31st, 2008, 12:21 AM

Just wanted to add a "me too." I have both SpamAssassin and Evolution starting up when the system boots; AFAICT SpamAssassin is running before Gnome loads, so it shouldn't be a timing conflict.

forrestcupp
December 31st, 2008, 11:41 PM
The SpamAssassin package is not installed by default. It's possible, you're trying to use it when it's not installed. Evolution does show the SpamAssassin choice even when it's not installed.

sudo apt-get install spamassassin

william_nbg
January 2nd, 2009, 11:49 AM
I'm getting the same error message:

I had been using 8.10 with no issues, but I bought myself a new computer over the holidays and did a fresh install of 8.10 and starting getting the error message - damn if I can understand that.

Tuishimi
January 9th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Same here. Sometimes it works... but I am getting the same "Pipe to SpamAssassin failed, error code: 1". And yes, SpamAssassin is installed. :P

But as another poster mentioned, I empty junk on every exit of Evolution... I just checked when I started it up and got that error and there are junk messages from this morning in the junk mail folder. It SEEMS to be working. The error message[s] are annoying tho'.

Also, in settings, I do have SpamAssassin trying to work out spam using "Remote Tests." Don't know if that matters.

Mozork
January 9th, 2009, 06:41 PM
That's the strange part, the filtering seems to be working but there still is an error message.