PDA

View Full Version : Just my luck eh?

nerd0795
November 28th, 2008, 06:00 AM
After hearing about all these spam companies and people getting arrested/shut down. It's kinda hilarious how now, I'm getting a lot of spam sent to my email. Then just today, browsing the web. I found the a suspicious looking URL. I noticed wot gave it all green with high reputation. Well I clicked on it. The screen kinda warped, then it says "OH NO, you infected get Windows anti virus 2009 to get rid of them. " A scam to install spyware, and if you pay for your identity stolen as an added bonus. This all started happening after, all those spam companies getting shut down. It's kinda funny.

Saint Angeles
November 28th, 2008, 06:06 AM
ive been seeing that one for at least a couple months now.

i like when they say "scanning your C: drive for viruses..."

what the hell is a C drive? hah

Grant A.
November 28th, 2008, 06:31 AM
The main reason why I don't open e-mails unless I know 100% where they are from. Like stated before in other topics, 50% of infections come from unsafe computer habits.

nerd0795
November 29th, 2008, 01:16 AM
The main reason why I don't open e-mails unless I know 100% where they are from. Like stated before in other topics, 50% of infections come from unsafe computer habits.

I didn't get the rogue anti virus advertisement from an email. I never open email attachments.

Giant Speck
November 29th, 2008, 01:17 AM

It's a much higher number than 50%. It has to be.

bruce89
November 29th, 2008, 01:29 AM
In fact, even Microsoft admitted they can't patch human stupidity (perish the thought).

Grant A.
November 29th, 2008, 01:30 AM
In fact, even Microsoft admitted they can't patch human stupidity (perish the thought).

Ubuntu is trying with sudo. :)

Mason Whitaker
November 29th, 2008, 02:10 AM
Bah, The spam companies must be getting desperate, this is just hilarious

I hate the "141,082 viruses found on your computer" ads with the terrible Windows 2000 look. I mean honestly, it just gets sad if you're running on Linux or Mac to see those stupid things.

My new favourite quote xD

Giant Speck
November 29th, 2008, 02:18 AM

:lolflag:

psycosmyth
November 29th, 2008, 02:40 AM
I got in the habit of clicking on malicious links just to see what would happen, the worst was a bad crash for FF and some VNC attempt. I would not recommend it but the "i have Linux" got the best of me.
Slashdot just had a story related to the big bot engine being back up under criminal control. Like it wasn't before.