PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how to relinquish my metaphorical soul from ubuntus grasp

starjones
November 28th, 2008, 05:28 AM
ok, my sister gave me her laptop. and i really can not work with ubuntu. i am use to windows xp. many have told me ubuntu is better and maybe for them it is, but not for me.

now, the disc drive on her laptop is broken and i cannot find my xp disk anyway.

i have, however, downloaded windows xp sp3 from the pirate bay. it took me for ever, but i finaly some how got to the "setup xp" page. the blue one with the windows logo. their are quite a few files in the torrent. at least 3 of them look like "setup" files. (they have the same icon picture as the actual main setup file for xp). they are ".INF" and ".INI" file types.

i throw my self on the mercy of ubuntu users. wtf should i do?

Bucky Ball
November 28th, 2008, 05:29 AM
This has nothing to do with Ubuntu. You are trying to load illegal software is the bottom line.

When you install *******, if you eventually get your pirated software to work, you can delete any partitions at the beginning of the install, then do as you will. The two OSs have nothing to do with each other incidentally, they are on separtate partitions formatted differently, so the settings in one will not effect the other.

Sounds to me like you didn't try to learn much about Ubuntu before you gave up, but you're right with one thing - it's not for everyone.

Skripka
November 28th, 2008, 05:39 AM
ok, my sister gave me her laptop. and i really can not work with ubuntu. i am use to windows xp. many have told me ubuntu is better and maybe for them it is, but not for me.

now, the disc drive on her laptop is broken and i cannot find my xp disk anyway.

i have, however, downloaded windows xp sp3 from the pirate bay. it took me for ever, but i finaly some how got to the "setup xp" page. the blue one with the windows logo. their are quite a few files in the torrent. at least 3 of them look like "setup" files. (they have the same icon picture as the actual main setup file for xp). they are ".INF" and ".INI" file types.

i throw my self on the mercy of ubuntu users. wtf should i do?

As Bucky Ball has said. This has nothing to do with Ubuntu or Linux. You are trying to use illegal pirated software on (apparently) defective hardware. Good Luck.

The best thing to do, and the only advice you'll get from me--is to buy a new laptop. I can say more-but will not for fear of inspiring the illegal.