PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bug??? Ubuntu 8.10

sorfrena
November 27th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Hello ubuntu world,

I wonder if anyone can explain me this.
I have a asus laptop f3f series.
When I access this site (www.badoo.es) and log in, my webcam (integrated in laptop) switches on automatically.
Is there any way to prevent this? In my opinion it's a bug...that's not nice to permit a website to take control of your webcam without your permission.

Thank you all

cmay
November 27th, 2008, 08:54 PM
are you using ubuntu and what version. this sounds strange. i cant explain it however.

jespdj
November 27th, 2008, 10:35 PM
That's a Flash website. Try this: Right-click on the website, you'll see a small pop-up menu with "Settings..." and "About Adobe Flash Player".

Click "Settings...". You'll now see a small window with the question "Allow images.badoo.com to access your camera and microphone?". Set it to "Deny" if you don't want it.

On my computer, it's on Deny by default. I don't know why it allows this by default on your computer.

sorfrena
November 28th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Noooo!

I am following your instructions, but the setting option is disabled...when I right click on the website I can just choose "ABout Adobe Flash Playaer 10...", the "Settings..." option is disabled, it's like in grey.

Any help?

THnak you

Moreover I don't know how to switch off the webcam. Even if I reboot it keeps on...the only way seems to turn off the pc... :-(

sorfrena
December 8th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Hi people,

I have found how I can change flash settings
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html

although this the webcam still turns on automatically.

is there a way to turn off webcam from terminal? or anyone can propose me an alternative solution?

thank you