PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Display Settings Problem

Orwell
November 27th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Hi,

A friend of mine has taken my advice and has gone and installed 8.10...he says that he changed the display settings and now the screen is all black and won't display anything. Having not experienced this issue myself, I wasn't sure how to go about fixing it...

any ideas?

edit: so basically what I'm after is a way to change the display settings from the terminal...

overdrank
November 27th, 2008, 05:13 AM
Hi,

A friend of mine has taken my advice and has gone and installed 8.10...he says that he changed the display settings and now the screen is all black and won't display anything. Having not experienced this issue myself, I wasn't sure how to go about fixing it...

any ideas?

Hi and some system specs may help like graphics card. May also try and use the xfix option by booting into recovery mode.

Orwell
November 27th, 2008, 05:17 AM
Hi and some system specs may help like graphics card. May also try and use the xfix option by booting into recovery mode.

Ok, he say's he is running a nvidia geforce 8600 gts video card...if that helps..?

overdrank
November 27th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Ok, he say's he is running a nvidia geforce 8600 gts video card...if that helps..?

Hi and have they installed the nvidia drivers? I have to leave for work so I will check back later if the xfix does not help. :)