PDA

View Full Version : [kde] Unusual behavior on title bars, windows, programs...

Jerfo
November 26th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Ok so I reinstalled KDE and it all seemed to be working! The Gnome applications that problems or wouldn't start began working correctly again, I logged on KDE and it worked and I was like: Oh great! It no longer crashes! But my joy was short lived, for much to my dismay the title bar was gone... I hadn't noticed how much I loved it until it was gone... anyway, I searched for info here but found nothing that worked. So I went back to Gnome to search through the forums, found a few tips that I decided to try and when I logged back on KDE the titlebar was working and, once again, my joy was cursed to end quickly, for it crashed again.

Today I decided to try again the tips they gave me but was unable to use because of the crash and this time it didn't crasy and the titlebars showed up but only for a few instants, they then disappeared and I couldn't make it so that they showed up.

Another problem is that programs that were open will continue to show in the lower panel even after they have been closed.

I don't know if this is because it's not the same way on KDE as it is on Gnome but "alt + f2" did nothing.

And the last problem was that, upon taking a screenshot with the program included in KDE, when I tried to save it it the keyboard wouldn't work, at first I thought that once on KDE the keyboard was no longer detected but I then remembered I had written while I was searching for info.

So, if anybody could give me any advice regarding all or any of these issues, I'd find it quite helpful =)