PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] moniter mic keeps automatically muting

Circus-Killer
November 26th, 2008, 07:29 PM
i have an acer laptop with a built-in mic by the monitor. it is picked up by ubuntu but still doesn't work.

i've tried every setting in the volume mixer. even tried alsamixer. when i go to the capture section, it shows the mic as being muted. i click to unmute it, but when i close the mixer and re-open, the mic has returned to mute.

Circus-Killer
November 27th, 2008, 06:45 AM
*bump*

ispyamoose
November 27th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Supposedly there weren't any issues with internal microphones in version 8.04. I've had the same trouble with the internal microphone on my laptop with 8.10 intrepid. Perhaps it's a bug..

Circus-Killer
December 4th, 2008, 07:15 AM
*bump*

Circus-Killer
December 11th, 2008, 06:48 AM
one last try.....
*bump*

BigHiGh
December 22nd, 2008, 11:49 AM
i have an acer laptop with a built-in mic by the monitor. it is picked up by ubuntu but still doesn't work.

i've tried every setting in the volume mixer. even tried alsamixer. when i go to the capture section, it shows the mic as being muted. i click to unmute it, but when i close the mixer and re-open, the mic has returned to mute.
Exact same problem on HP pavilion dv6000
Ubuntu Studio 8.10

On a sie note, it is quite frustrating that no solutions about this problem can be found I've tried both French and English forums and all seem to point to the same issue. It seems like a bug but no one know for sure and no one seems to be making any headway either